The population of Turkmenistan is about 5.7 million people. Turkmenistan has large reserves of natural gas (4th place in the world) and oil. Among the republics of the former Soviet Union, Turkmenistan has one of the highest GDP per capita.
The only state language of Turkmenistan is Turkmen. Russian is widely used in cities.
The healthcare system is actively developing. Import plays a very important role and has a share of more than 90% of the pharmaceutical and medical markets. In 2014-2017, there was a shortage of medicinal products and medical devices in the Turkmen market, largely related to the problems of the exchange of the national currency.
Import and sale of medicinal products are allowed only after state registration. Placing the medical devices on the market or putting it into operation requires state registration.
Medical teas, hygienic and disinfectant products, including those used for the prevention of infectious diseases, medical cosmetics, curative mineral water, mud and salt used for therapeutic and preventive purposes, are subject to registration.
Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan
Central executive body responsible for healthcare
Web site: http://www.saglykhm.gov.tm
State Registration Center for Medicinal Products of the Ministry of Health and Medical Industry of Turkmenistan
An authorized body that implements the unified state policy in the field of medicine provision, performs state registration of medicinal products and medical devices.
The main legislative acts:
- Law of Turkmenistan dated May 23, 2015 “On Health Care of Citizens”;
- Law of Turkmenistan dated January 12, 2016 “On Drug Provision”;
- Law of Turkmenistan dated August 16, 2016 “On Ensuring the Safety and Quality of Food Products.”
Cratia provides professional services of state registration of medical (healthcare) products in Turkmenistan. We have an excellent knowledge of national legislation, necessary experience and resources. We offer:
- registration of medicinal products in Turkmenistan;
- establishment and maintenance of a pharmacovigilance system in Turkmenistan;
- registration of medical devices in Turkmenistan;
- certification of special food products in Turkmenistan;
- certification of cosmetics in Turkmenistan.